Planning your honeymoon? We had the chance to interview Tracy Cox from Kahala Travel. She gave us her top 5 honeymoon planning trips! We love them all!
Your honeymoon will be the most memorable trip of your lifetime. Your friends, family, children and even grandchildren will ask about it for years to come. You want it to be incredible!
Here are my top 5 tips to planning your amazing experience:
- There is so much information out there and it can be very overwhelming and confusing. Use a knowledgeable travel agent who specializes in honeymoons. That way you will be working with someone who is in tune with what is being offered and will use that information to help guide you through the process of planning the perfect honeymoon for YOU. Everyone has different expectations, desires, needs, etc. It is important that you work with an agent what will help you navigate all that is “out there” to design your perfect honeymoon.
- Talk to your fiancé about what he/she has in mind for the honeymoon. Do they want to lay on a beach with occasionally having an adventure such as Tahiti or do they prefer a cultural experience such as Europe. If you have different expectations for the honeymoon a travel consultant can help you combine both such as Thailand where you will experience the culture, ride elephants and still have amazing beaches to relax and enjoy the beauty.
- There is no doubt about it, the all-inclusive resorts give you the most bang for your buck. There are many to choose from in many different areas so it is important that you talk to your travel agent about what you are looking to do so she/he can help you plan the best one for YOU.
- As great as the all-inclusive resorts are, don’t be afraid to plan one-of-a-kind experiences. If you want to really do something “different” than the typical honeymoon experience, do it! As long as you have a good agent guiding you through the process you will end up with some very unique experiences with stories to tell!
- As fun as it is to be spontaneous, it is a good idea to plan early. Of course it can be done at the “last minute” but why add to the stress of wedding planning. Also, last minute pricing can be more expensive, especially when looking at airfare.
Here are a few of my favorite honeymoon destinations for:
Adventure – Costa Rica
Culture – Europe
Relaxation & beaches– Tahiti
All 3 of the above combined – Thailand
All-inclusive – Sandals
Value – Palace Resorts
Tracy Cox works at Kahala Travel in San Diego,CA and has been a Travel Agent for over 20 years specializing in honeymoon planning and destination weddings.
If you would like to speak with Tracy directly, please contact her at the following;
Below is a current promotion being offered by Sandal’s. If you mention this blog when you call/email Tracy, you will receive a free couples massage when you book a 7 night (or longer) stay at Sandal’s.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE GREAT OFFERS
• Up to $1,000 Air Credit
• Save up to 65%
• 1 Night Free• 10,000 Bonus Sandals Select Points
• $1,500 WeddingMoons® Credit
• Two Free Rounds of Golf at Sandals Emerald Bay
• Groups Receive a Free Room starting from 6th Room Free
*Qualifying resorts, booking window, travel window, minimum stay requirements and room category restrictions vary by offer. For full offer details, visit www.sandals.com/specials. Promotions are subject to availability and may be changed or terminated at any time without prior notice. Not responsible for errors or omissions. Information is accurate at time of printing and is subject to changes, exceptions, and restrictions. Sandals® is a registered trademark. Unique Vacations, Inc. is the affiliate of the worldwide representative of Sandals Resorts.